Ride. Rock. Rally. Hill Climb Challenge
Our course is ranked as one of the five best cycling hill climbs in the country by Bicycling Magazine. Prepare to challenge yourself with 9.6 miles of riding up beautiful Sunshine Canyon in iconic Boulder, CO. You'll bask in your achievement at the summit of Bald Mountain. Then coast back, enjoy refreshments, check out the giveaways, and get a free skin cancer screening. You can sweat some more at our festival in North Boulder Park as you rock to an acclaimed Colorado Band to be announced soon!
- Riders will start and finish at North Boulder Park in Boulder, CO. Click here for directions.
- Riders will go south on 9th St, right on Mapleton St, and ascend Sunshine to Summit for a total of 9 miles.
- The average grade is 6%, topping out at 11% - straight climbing!
- The goal of the event is to safely complete as many climbs up to Bald Mountain checkpoint as possible within the 5-hour time limit.
- Riders will receive an event passport during the check-in. At each checkpoint, riders must record the time they reach the control point.
- Teams can combine fundraising efforts and share the climbing load.
- Each rider climbs to the summit and retrieves a title and returns to North Boulder Park with the title.
- The climb will be timed, but the descent will not be timed.
- Results will be posted based on number of climbs completed and fastest ascent to the summit.
- Riders will have a mandatory 1-minutes stop at 3 different checkpoints on the descent.
- Riders must be 15 years or older.
- Fastest Male (KOM) and Female Rider (QOM) receive $1,000 in their name to be added to their donation to the MRF. Other prizes are to be determined.
- Most climbs by Corporate Teams
- Most climbs by Friends and Famly Teams
- All riders start anytime between 11:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. No riders can begin a lap after 4:30 p.m.
- Riders must ride to the right and pass on the left at all times.
- Riders must yield to all traffic signs and lights.
- Riders must stop at all descent checkpoints.
- Riders must check in at base station at North Boulder Park to begin next climb.
Supporting the MRF
Ride. Rock. Rally is produced by Array BioPharma and benefits the Melanoma Research Foundation. All proceeds from this exhilarating event will benefit melanoma research and patient support iniatitives.
Slather on your suncreen, grab you bike and helmet, and sign up now!
For more information about Ride. Rock. Rally. logistics and specifics, please go to www.riderockrally.com.